Britannia playground paint gives school/park playgrounds a lift with bright, stimulating colours that further youngsters’ enjoyment of playtime.
- Safe, water based, eco friendly coating
- Slip resistant
- Suitable for tarmac and concrete surfaces
Bright, stimulating colours further youngsters’ enjoyment of play. Safe, water based and eco-friendly. Slip resistant, for tarmac and concrete playgrounds.
- Avoid painting when rain is expected or under poor drying conditions – below 5°C.
- All surfaces should be thoroughly power washed before application of a binder prior to top coating for best results.
- All surfaces should be dry (not damp).
- Free from loose or flaking material, dirt grease and vegetative growth.
- Vacuum or pressure blasting with air or water may remove any debris.
- Brushing (manual or machine) may be suitable.
- Not to be applied if there is salt contamination or frost.
- Stir well before use as stainers used can separate with time, best to mix thoroughly when using different batches.
- Surfaces that are cold – below 5°c – are not suitable for coating. Hot surfaces – above 30°c – should be cooled with water spray before application otherwise paint will dry before film formation is completed.
- Apply an even coat either by brush, roller or by airless spray.
- Tip size of 28 thou is recommended for airless spray.
- A new macadam surface should be left to oxidise for at least four weeks (longer in winter than in summer) before painting.
- Not suitable for use on open graded macadam or other materials incorporating “cut back” bitumen.
- New concrete should be allowed to mature for several months before coating.
- Apply during march to october.
- Some colours may require a second coat.
For detailed application advice refer to the Product Datasheet